The duo of ludo and snakes & ladders are often taken in the same breath, like two sides of the same coin. Even though they are distinct games, one would say they are joined at the hip. Snakes & ladders is not a game to play second fiddle to ludo and has its own committed set of enthusiasts.
According to Globe Newswire, the lure of online board gaming is too great to resist, and even streaming giants are entering the fray. With the valuation of the worldwide board game market to touch an astounding $30.93 billion By 2028, who can resist taking a bite of the pie?
Here are some exciting snakes & ladders games available for android phones.
1. Snakes & Ladders King by Mobirix:
Mobirix has a version of the timeless version called Snakes & Ladders King and is one of the more popular iterations available for android devices. This game is free to play and retains all the old-school features of the game to boot.
It has in-game elements such as leaderboards, in-game achievements, and the option to invite a friend to join the fun.
The three in-game modes are:
- Classic with offline support for up to 4 players
- Survival mode, where ghosts will chase you to the finish line. In this mode, there are also tiles with power-ups highlighted with a question mark.
- Solo mode against the AI
2. Snakes and Ladders by MPL:
The MPL version largely follows the conventional gameplay, with one tiny change. In the classic snakes & ladders, two players may share the spot. If a player lands on an already occupied spot, the token previously there has to start the game again.
This gives the game a cat-and-mouse feel, with the players trying to stay one step ahead while looking to win the game.
Additionally, this version of snakes & ladders lets players participate in tournaments and competitions in exchange for cash rewards. So, without further ado, select the snake and ladder game free download option on the MPL site to get started.
3. Snakes and Ladders 3D Online by MudGames:
MudGames version of snakes & ladders has the regular classic mode, and it also offers an arcade mode with the whole board set up as a 3D model. Instead of traditional ladders, players hop on to a trolley that takes them higher up the board.
Switching to the classic mode is possible if you wish to go old-school and have a greater affinity for the original board game.
4. Snakes and Ladders Reloaded by Supercent Games:
Snakes & Ladders Reloaded by Supercent Games feature an embarrassment of riches for the snakes & ladders enthusiast. In addition to the classic mode, their multiplayer variant has four different abilities to heighten your playing experience.
- Kill: If a player lands on an occupied spot, the token already there has to head back to the starting position. To win the game, each player has to take out the rival’s piece at least once.
- Power-Ups: Freeze, Rocket, and Shocker are three boosters that will aid your rapid advancement through the board while slowing down your rival’s progress.
- Thief: You have to navigate through the board while looking to steal your opponent’s gold while safeguarding yours. The game has a time limit of five minutes, and the gold’s location is revealed after three minutes.
- Rush: Rush is the classic mode on steroids. Each match lasts five minutes, and the number rolled on the dice will double after three minutes, and you will take longer strides on the board.
5. Mini Snakes and Ladders by 2B Games:
2B’s version of snakes & ladders sticks to the tried and tested formula. Why fix what’s not broken? After a while, players may prefer playing the game without any embellishments.
What they have changed is replacing the regular snakes found on every other board with actual species of snakes. Perfect for if you are curious about snakes and how they look.
This game has twenty species, such as blue snakes, anacondas, cobras, rattlesnakes, etc. Avoid these dangerous real-life snakes as you race to the finish line.
There are a further eight different themed boards in addition to the classic board. These boards also have a 3D interface resembling a maze, making it more fun to play. Be aware of hidden obstacles on the board that will impede your progress.
6. Snakes and Ladders in Aquarium:
Snakes and Ladders in Aquarium is a colorful digital version of the traditional variant which needs no introduction. The developer has tweaked the board’s appearance to look like an aquarium, so the snakes occasionally bob around like they would when immersed in water.
The vivid colors will make gameplay fun for the little ones at home or anyone who appreciates a dash of color. What makes this game better is that the tokens are shaped like sea creatures instead of the standard ones.
If you pay for the full version, you will get multiple boards, each with a unique design and a more lively interface.
For Android users, these versions of snakes & ladders will entice and keep them hooked with their innovative gameplay. Gamers need to look no further for their daily dose of entertainment.
Over and above the regular, they offer many engrossing challenges to cross and achievements to gain. As the hardware in smartphones evolved, so have the quality of the snakes & ladders games on offer. Jaw-dropping graphics, smooth gameplay, and an intuitive interface all work in their favor.
So instead of waiting any longer, grab one of all of these snakes & ladders games and give yourself a good time.